If you are planning to visit Malaysia whether for business or for pleasure, you should always see to it that you book your hotel accommodations before you make the trip. Booking a room in advance is no longer a problem these days given the fact that most hotels in Malaysia maintain their own websites. Reserving a room or two can take just a few minutes of your time. Picking the right hotel is very important because it greatly affects your stay anywhere in the country. Bad services from a hotel can easily ruin your experience. With that said, you should take the time to go over your choices. Below are some tips that can help you find the best accommodations in Malaysia.
- Check reviews by former clients of the hotel. This is a no-brainer because it’s still the best way to determine if a hotel has bad or good services. It’s not that difficult to find hotel reviews either. Almost everything you need can be found online. You can read them on social media. travel websites, and review aggregator websites. Just make sure that the review you’re reading was actually written by a former customer. Many of the reviews out there are often sponsored reviews which needless to say carry a lot of bias.
- Watch out for deals and promos. If you want to save some cash, you should pay attention to hotel chains who regularly offer deals, promos, and discounts. In Malaysia, these promos are often rolled out during holidays and in the months where tourist arrivals peak. It’s advisable that you follow the websites and social media activities of popular hotel chains because they usually announce deals and promos online. The earlier you take advantage of a deal, the more money you can potentially save.
- Find hotels that are near well-known tourist attractions. The best hotels in Malayisa are usually those that are within walking distance to its most popular attractions like the Petronas Towers or the Genting Highlands Hill Resort. Of course, booking a hotel near such attractions will also be more convenient for you because you significantly cut your travel time. This means you just have to walk or commute just a few blocks to get to where you want to go.
- Check the hotel’s amenities. Hotels are often judged by the quality of their facilities and amenities. If you want to relax within the premises of the hotel, then you need to look for one that has a swimming pool, or a massage parlor, or a lounge, or a cozy bar. To check if a hotel has these amenities, visit their website or call their phone number to verify.
- Check their accommodation packages. Many travellers often make the mistake of assuming that every room in a hotel complex has the same price. The truth is that the rooms are often categorized and priced accordingly. A particular room can have a price that’s half of that in the adjacent room. It’s important that you look into these price ranges and packages.
- Call the hotel if you have any questions. If you are browsing a hotel’s website and you got some issues that you need to be cleared, don’t hesitate to call the hotel. Verify everything to make sure that you are getting the service worthy of what you’re paying for.
Follow all of these practical tips and you’ll have better chances in finding a hotel that’s appropriate for you. Malaysia offers you a lot of accomodation options. That said, you should take the time to weigh your options.